Monday, March 16, 2009

When a father loves a daughter

We just got a reissue of a Serge Gainsbourg album originally released in 1971. I'm reviewing it so I decided to do a little research on the man himself. I knew he was worshiped in his native France and his libido was seemingly endless as well as tactless. However, this video exceeded everything I though he could be capable of. It's is good for a laugh or two if you don't mind feeling guilty afterward.



So many things about this. The fact he's shirtless and she's pantless. The fact she looks like a boy. The fact she was 13 and he was 54 when they recorded it. The fact the bed looks like it's already in hell. The amazingly 80's synth beat. The goddammed cheery chorus spouting in English over everything. The fact they're father and daughter. Holy crap. I don't know whether to laugh or call Dateline.

~Rev. Adam (Culture Clash, Tues. 9-11pm)

1 comment: