Thursday, March 26, 2009

Best use of Arcade Fire in a trailer...

With all the "BEST OF WESTWORD" news going on in Denver, I thought I'd just award the guys who made the trailer for the new film Where the Wild Things Are my own "Best use of an Arcade Fire song in a trailer." Thumbs up!



This film has been in the making (and remaking) for quite some time and I'm excited that the film studio is finally happy with Spike Jonze's work. Many cool people in addition to Jonze helped with the film, including Dave Eggers who helped with the screenplay and music is by Carter Burwell and Karen O. The cast is cool too including Catherine Keener, Paul Dano, Lauren Ambrose and other well-respected actors.

I do so hope Maurice Sendak enjoys the big screen version of his beloved and most wonderfully illustrated children's book.

It is scheduled to be released on October 16, 2009, one day after my birthday. Mark your calendars (for the film... and my bday)!

<3,


No comments:

Post a Comment