Sunday, March 22, 2009

Radio 1190 T-Shirts, Lakeside Waffles, DKBC oh my!

Just got back from breakfast at Lakeside Waffles. I live in that hood so it was a very nice Sunday morning treat. I ordered the "Waffles in Stereo" which I kept calling Apples in Stereo because it was an apple-y waffle (I think the band influenced the name but I forgot to ask Aaron, one of the owners).


I ran into the "John Cougar Mellencamp" DKBC team eating there and an old friend that has some history with 1190 is on the team. I saw Ian from "Ian's Emo Corner" a segment on Milkman Dan's afternoon radio show that he hosted before he took the morning show over from me circa 2001ish. Ian is now in a pretty successful band here in Denver called Laylights. They are looking for a new bassist if you're looking for a band to play in.

I love that the DKBC is alive and well and more competitive and costume-y as ever. I haven't played in 7 years... since before the DKBC existed. I need to free up my schedule a little more and participate, or at least be a cheerleader. I love kickball. Radio 1190 has a kickball team and they're all getting super excited for the new season. I hear the draft is next week at hi-dive.

When I was leaving Lakeside Waffles today, I saw a guy walking his dog wearing a Radio 1190 t-shirt, which made me giddy because I've got nothing but love for this great station! Which reminds me... the Radio 1190 Pledge Drive is coming up meaning a new t-shirt design to add to your collection. I do so hope you support our station again this year. We wouldn't be here without you!

This last hour of my life reminded me of what a great community we have. I love Radio 1190 so much... the music and the people add value to my simple and quirky little life.

<3,

No comments:

Post a Comment