Monday, March 9, 2009

DJ ALISHA: High Five

Here's five things I'm loving on:

1)FuseTV is going to broadcast the 2009 Rock N Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony live! Now I don't have cable, but I'm gonna beg a friend to TiVo it for me so I can watch it (or just watch the highlights online). Among the musicians being inducted- Run-D.M.C., Metallica and Wanda Jackson. The live broadcast will be on April 4 @ 7pm MST on Fuse.

Here's a clip from Fuse's "greatest moments"-

....HAHAHA, I love the Sex Pistols!

2)New trailer released online for Jim Jarmusch's next film The Limits of Control. He has a great cast including Bill Murray and Tilda Swinton who have been in a few of his previous films. It comes out May 22. Here's a little info. on the film & the trailer via www.jim-jarmusch.net-

"The Limits of Control is the story of a mysterious loner, a stranger, whose activities remain meticulously outside the law. He is in the process of completing a job, yet he trusts no one, and his objectives are not initially divulged. His journey, paradoxically both intently focused and dreamlike, takes him not only across Spain but also through his own consciousness."


3)FLY GIRLS - B-BOYS BEWARE: REVENGE OF THE SUPER FEMALE RAPPERS. We just got
 this record in the studio and I'm awaiting my copy to arrive so I can soak it all in and read the amazing booklet it comes with! Its a double-disc compilation of the past 30 years of female rappers. It features some of my favorites like: JJ Fad, MC Lyte and She Rockers. Its out on Soul Jazz records and you can listen to clips here

4)A preview of Sonic Youth's new album "The Eternal" thanks to Newsweek: 

"The Eternal" Montage for Newsweek.com - Sonic Youth

...I love vocal-heavy rock albums from these guys!

5)And lastly, I'm so happy I was able to catch up on the last few episodes of LOST. I'm not saying anything, NO SPOILERS from my typing fingers. 

Thanks for reading and <3, 

No comments:

Post a Comment