Thursday, March 5, 2009

Upcoming shows that have me in a tizzy

There's starting to be a lot of talk about SXSW this year, but I'm not going so I thought I'd feature some upcoming concerts that I can't wait to attend here in D-town. 


Stereo Total & Leslie and the Ly's: Its no lie, I love both of these acts. I've seen them both in concert and I love Stereo Total's songs and Leslie's live act! 
3/27/09
Bluebird Theater






Mirah: She's such a cutie pie. Her album "You Think Its Like This But Really Its Like This" was the first album I reviewed at 1190. 
4/12/09
Hi-Dive, 16+


Yann Tiersen: The only time I've tried to see him in concert was in London and he was supposed to be playing with Calexico. Then he cancelled. I was sad. This is my chance! PS: He composed the soundtrack for Amelie if you didn't know.
4/24/09
Bluebird Theater, 16+





Leonard Cohen: I'm taking my dad, I can't wait. Red Rocks+Mr. Leonard Cohen=Heavenly
6/02/09
Red Rocks








David Byrne & DeVotchKa: This is just so wonderful. Everything about this show screams perfect. On one hand, I am just so excited to see David Bryne perform, but I'm also thrilled for local-bred, worldly adored DeVotchKa open for him. I hope David watches them play! OH & I heard David Byrne is going to perform songs that he did with Brian Eno. The only thing that would make the show better is if Brian Eno would be there too. Will he be there, do you know anything? Let me know ASAP! <3
6/21/09
Red Rocks







There's other great shows coming up... just look at 1190's Concert Calendar to see when Akron/Family, Junior Boys, Mates of State, Conor Oberst, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy and other cuties are playing!

Hope to see you at the shows. I'll be the nerdy girl with the big glasses.

<3,



1 comment:

  1. I'm taking my sister to yann tiersen! I'm excited because the only other concert she's been to is coldplay...

    ReplyDelete