Wednesday, March 11, 2009

All day I dream about Tim & Eric.

While bloggers seem to *still* be gossiping about "Wayne VS Win," the recent engagement of teen-star Mandy Moore to indie-hunk Ryan Adams or MIA telling the press to f-off because she doesn't want to reveal her brand new baby son's name, all I want to blog about today is my love for Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim. 



They haven't done anything "gossip" worthy but just remain two rad comedians/writers/directors/producers/adorable guys that make the best sketch comedy show I can't get enough of. 

Their surreal sketches, hilarious/infectious songs and sometimes gross-me-out characters on the show Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! is all I can think about right now!

You can watch episodes and clips of Tim and Eric on Adult Swim! They just posted a new episode called "Tommy" where they hire cult-director Tommy Wiseau (don't even ask how many times I've seen The Room) to direct a sketch. Also in the episode Fred Willard stars in a sketch called "Mancierge" and Denver is mentioned in it! Please watch it by clicking on "Tommy." Also spend some time at this link watching some more clips. 

I love that they have an amazing rotating cast of characters involved in the show including some of my favorites like Willard, Bob Odenkirk, Zach Galifianakis and John C. Reilly to name a few. But they also have discovered some great lesser know gems like David Leibe Hart. I wish they needed a lesser funny DJ girl to add to the cast, I have worked in tv before, ya know... <3 


I'm listening to their album Awesome Record, Great Songs right now wishing someone was here with me to laugh along. Some of my favorite songs "Come Over," "Father and Son," "Rolo Tony," "Long Legs," "Petite Feet," "Raz," "Lost in the Wheel" and well most of the 47 tracks on the record. 

Indie rock heroes The Shins and Built to Spill both cover songs on the record, but I actually like the originals better. There's an amazing song on here sung by Aimee Mann called "Hearts" which is so pretty. If you know the show, "pretty" is not really a word that people would use to describe the show or the songs, but these guys are truly genius writers and can write "pretty" songs even if the lyrics are gross or the sketch the song compliments is twisted, they sure know how to make it sound real pretty.  

I think Tim and Eric deserve every penny they earn and then some. Hollywood shouldn't be paying big bucks to Will Smith and Tom Cruise when there's guys like Tim and Eric who are my leading men. 

LYLAS,


(PS: I'm on-air today from 4-6pm)

1 comment: