Friday, March 20, 2009

DJ ALISHA RECORD REVISIT & Austin Stories...

Its been a little quiet on the 1190 blog lately... I blame SXSW. Therefore, no new RECORD REVISIT this week. But here's your chance to vote for the next record from my collection that I re-review!

VOTE FOR NEXT FRIDAY'S RECORD REVISIT:
1)The Busy Signals - Baby's First Beats
2)DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince - He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper
3)Papa M - Live in a Shark Cage
VOTE BY LEAVING A COMMENT IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!

To view past RECORD REVISITS see:
Destroyer - City of Daughters

Okay, so the whole SXSW thing. I've gotten exciting texts from friends over the last week about who they're seeing on the streets, how much bbq they can eat, what shows they've liked and its made me kind of wish that I was in Austin myself.
But since I can't be there this year, I'll just pull out my old VHS tapes of the tv show "Austin Stories." Did you ever see this show? There's only 12 episodes and it was on MTV back in the 90s.

I don't believe its out on dvd, but you can watch pretty much all episodes on youtube.


Enjoy your weekend,

No comments:

Post a Comment